Friday, December 21, 2007

Our Christmas Joys

The labor of love. I think I started something years ago that will never go away. And to make you all happy puts 10 pounds on me. I happily sample several each batch I produce. And then your know to get the chocolate off of my hands, I take a few licks too. This year I came up with something new; pretzels, caramel and chocolate. These are nummy!!! I made plenty!! Hope you all enjoy.
This year I sent Susan and Benson a time-line of their family like I gave each of you last year. I was really excited to do this. I sent them a CD so they could add to it as their family increases.
Dad and I and Fairen put together game boards and delivered them to the Ronald McDonald House and to a Boys and Girls club in Midvale and one in Sugarhouse. They were so appreciative of this. We left about 8-10 games at each place.
We've had an explosion on our site on the internet this year. I could hardly keep up with the orders. I got up one morning at 3:30 to start loading game boards and packaging them up to mail. I continued on until 7:30 that evening. Each day since December 1st has kept me very busy. The chocolates had to wait their turn. Heber created some adwords on Google for us and this paid off. The proceeds from the sales will help pay for my new hearing aides, which I am so thankful for ($6500.00). They don't come cheap.
Hey, I'm into this blogging thing.
Love
Mom

3 comments:

AnnDeO said...

We always look forward to the chocolates, but now even more when we realize how busy you have been.
Thankyou!

echo said...

we got our chocolates today and i think they might already be gone. thanks so much grandma!! i am glad to hear that your business is doing well this christmas season. thanks so much for all that you do for your family. you are an amazing lady and looking down the generations your legacy of love and kindness will continue on forever. you have always been a great example to me and one of my heroes. i love you grandma!

dixie said...

Mom
Thanks!!!! a million times. We really do appreciate all the chocolates and I think we will never understand how much time goes into making them, cuz it doesn't take too long to devour them!!! We Love Your CHocolates!!
Love
Dixie