Saturday, January 12, 2008

befriending others

I think it's important to keep in touch with family and others. Uncle Jack Dyet is so very lonesome since Renie has passed away. He misses her so much. He lives with his son, Cliff in Sandy and they get along very well together. He is in Hemmet, California right now and close to Jolene his daughter. He will stay there for the winter then come back to be with Cliff. I call him and chat with him and I know he enjoys hearing from Aunt Ruthie and I. It cheers him up and I know this is an important part of serving others. I also call the older sisters in the ward every so often and chat with them. They don't come out to church anymore and some are home-bound. But they appreciate the fact that they are not forgotten. I also call sisters that I miss when they are not in Relief Society. Sometimes they are home sick or whatever. But they feel good when they know they are missed. These are things that we all do almost every day, but with the attitude of serving others it's very fulfilling to think of others and do what comes naturally, but you're doing it and feeling the rewards of it.
A few weeks ago we had a young couple speak in our ward. The husband talked about writing down your blessings of the day. So as you kneel for prayer at the end of the day you can thank Heavenly Father specifically for our blessings; for our physical abilities, the beauties of the season, the warmth of our homes at this winter time. As we count our blessings daily, we become a more thankful people.
I love you all.
Mom

2 comments:

echo said...

you are such a good person grandma. you are always thinking of others. love you!

dixie said...

Thanks mom for continuing to write on the blog. I hope all will continue. Christmas is life long not just one day or just for a season! Wonderful thoughts!
Love
Dixie